It's been a strange year! How are you feeling?
It's important to pay attention to your mood, especially when you're having a bad day.
Here's some things that can help you feel more positive:
- Create a morning routine - for example, stretch and smile as soon as you open your eyes. This will set a positive tone for the day before you even get out of bed!
- Cut down caffeine, whether this is tea/coffee or any soft and energy drinks. We know, it can be difficult! But they can make you feel worse if you're already a bit stressed or low.
- On that note, drink more water! It's absolutely the best way to stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause fatigue and agitation.
- Low levels of vitamin D are linked to low mood, so try to get 15 minutes of sunshine or natural light a day.
- Exercise - this produces endorphins, which will make you feel like you’re on top of the world.
- Laugh more - it really helps and there's scientific evidence to back this up. Do you need a better excuse to watch something funny on Netflix or YouTube?!