Our top five tips for getting your #orienteering game on!
1. Before you start study the map and legend well!
2. Try not to stop - keep moving, even if it's a slow walk.
3. Don’t stand still if you’re lost. Retrace your steps. If you're stuck look for a feature you might be able to identify on the map.
4. Never go 'on feeling' and think you know better than the compass or map!
5. Remember to read contours on the map, and make sure you know whether you should be going uphill or down.
What are your tips? Do you have any advice to share?